Monday, April 9, 2007

Immediate Help for Wheezing

Boil 1 tea. of Liocrice root in a cip of water for a couple of minutes to make a tea. Just before drinking add 1/2 tea of ghee. Take a sip every 5 -10 minutes.
Sometime this might make you vomit - which is a good thing. The vomiting helps to reduce the excess muscus that has built up and the spasm of the bronchial tubes. If vomiting happens they should feel better right away.
Don't use if you have hypertension.
Prepare this tea as soon as you feel symptoms occuring.
Once the tea is made you can keep it in the fridge for 72 hours.

It's almost time to harevest Colts foot....Brian & I saw the baby leaves sprouting out of the ground while walking.
We'll have to have her roll in it.

I'll keep my eyes open for other remedies!!
Naomi

2 comments:

neverenoughtime said...

Thank you Naomi! It's a really great idea. I've never had Bree cough up mucus. Jake certainly has and boy, it does help. I will certainly try this. I've searched and searched for Coltsfoot around my house. I found it in the woods but not near the house. I thought I knew what it looked like until I went to Baltimore Woods in Marcellus and they showed me. Now this was in the summer AFTER the flowers; but the stalk of the plant was much different than what I had believed them to look like. The stalk appeared to look like an asparagus plant. Is that correct? If you spot them again, can you call me so that I can come down and look at them? I need to harvest some too. Thank you for your Blog. Please keep blogging - I know you have soooo much time on your hands :) Jen/neverenoughtime

neverenoughtime said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you Naom. Since you showed me the coltsfoot at your place this past weekend, I've spotted it up in our woods. Actually over behind Jerry's property. A big cluster. I've used it on both Bree and Jake. I also plastered my Brother with it even though he put up a fight. He claims, it made him worse... HA! He'll never admit that it actually helped.

My Mind is Mush