Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Pat's Day!

Green everywhere you look! Lot's of Irish around this area. Was a long day of work and studies and it was fun to watch all the party-goers on the street. It's about 9pm and it seems the celebrations are just starting. I can hear bagpipes out on the street and people singing along. Lot's of funny green bling hats and jewelry. Someone came up to me and said that she couldn't get rid of her hiccups and I politely pointed her to the next irish pub for another drink to calm her spasms. A band is playing in the distance, a real Irish traditional song. Sometimes I wonder if they chose to make St. Patrick's Day in America just for the sake of a drink starting at noon and going into the night, but it's music like this that makes me realize that it is carrying on the traditions and celebrating life. I hope you all had a great St. Pat's Day! For me, I think I will wonder over to hear this band and perhaps a drink or two.

No comments:

My Mind is Mush