Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Alone on an island of ice


I am alone
Alone on this island of ice
Wouldn't it be nice to not be so alone

Postpone all these feelings
Delay them till later

Would this help in my case?
Chase these feelings away
Till another day?

It is so cold here
Not a warm vein flowing
Just this icy tear
running down my cheek

Cried so many tears
for so many years
Just wish I can disappear

But lo...I am away
on this lonely island of ice
with one hope lingering so near
yet too far
It is running astray

How can I capture it
Grasp it tight and not let it go?
Persue it with strength and courage
to better my spirit

I think I will try
to swim away from this
lonely island of ice
Wouldn't it be nice

to be warm again
to be whole again
not only for myself
but for the children too

Oh my children
they are so full of life
so warm and gentle

deep down inside
they strive for the same thing
happiness, wholeness, and love

No comments:

My Mind is Mush